facebook

Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Nikon D3000

I bought a Nikon D3000 a week ago.... cost $988 and bought it from courts.... yes is an impulse buy... I actually wanted to wait for another 2 or 3 months... until i have saved the FULL amount.... really.. i was really going to wait...

until that night...

We (Lim and me) went to courts for a walk... you know.. looking at cooking .... stuff... then made a detour to the camera section... and it caught my eye... "0% installment plan..."

Why should i wait for another 2 or 3 months when i have have it now?! And is not like i can't pay $82.33333333333333 per month.... you know... why not?

i know... there are interest and stuff... the whole "0%" thing is a bullshit as it is already counted inside the price.... but is like why should i be broke after getting the camera? right? I am spending 82 dollars per month for a year and not 988 for that month.... ... ain't that bad.... see, after getting the camera, I still have enough money to go diving genting or save a few hundred and get a dry cabinet or some extra lens...


..... heck... give me that camera! I am buying it TODAY.... They threw in a tripod, camera bag, 8GB SD card, a lens cleaning kit and plus a huge kick ass umbrella....


I'm a happy girl.... hoo!

Took a few test shots, and spend 2 days reading the manual...

Then I got shots like these...













yup... you must be wandering why i have my signature at the lower right hand corner of each photo... I am planning to sell them at shutterstock.com..... it is about 0.25USD PER DOWNLOAD...
so if I get 1000 downloads i get 250USD.... not bad right?

and maybe sell them in my website in the near future...
I mean, you never know right...
yup... still working on it... above is a small screen shot of what the index, aka homepage, will look like...

Of course, my pictures are not that great... still a noob....and this is a really good platform to help me improve... and who knows, I might be able to get my first 250USD from shutterstock 6 months later.. (I'm being optimistic here... ) :)
and is better to take pictures with a purpose you know... and not just take and keep them in your hard disk for the next 2 to 3 years... is like a motivational force... coxing me to take more interesting photos... 

No comments: